ical2roam is a small web application that lets you convert iCal exports to a JSON file that can be used to import into Roam Research. That way you can import an entire calendar full of events into Roam Research while creating just a single node along each daily note.
You can customize the text for the events node and filter on date-ranges or text. This allows you to customize what you want to import into Roam Research
The usage is really simple:
- Create an export of your iCalendar to
- Upload the
.icsfile to ical2roam.
- Specify the events node text (and include optional hashtags).
- Optionally filter the events and download the
- In Roam Research, click on import and select the
- Check if the preview matches what you expect.
- Bonus tip, you can try it out with a smaller amount of events first! Filter on a smaller date range!